You are trying to upload Custom Business Object Instances through File Input Run and, although the Run is successful, there are no records created in the System.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisites (Check See Also for Blog with more details):
- You have created a Custom Business Object.
- You have created an XML File Input Service Integration.
- You have created a File Input Run ID in the UI.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to the Work Center "Application and User Management".
- Select the View "File Input" under "Input and Output Management".
- Select "Unprocessed Files" from Dropdown.
- Click Add and Upload your XML File to the Service Interface.
- Select "Active Runs" from Dropdown.
- Schedule the Run ID relevant to Service Interface.
The Processing consists of two steps:
- Parsing the XML file and performing basic checks.
- Processing the XML file and modifying the Business Object accordingly.
When processing the XML in File Input Run, only the errors that occur in the Step 1 are shown in the Execution Log. These errors will cause the Run to fail. If the error occurs in Step 2, the Run will be successful but the errors are shown in the View "Process Communication Errors" under "Application and User Management" Work Center. You can switch the Dropdown on this view to "Open Errors with Incidents".
If you still cannot determine the Root Cause, it is most likely because the XML File provided is too large. It can be roughly defined that the maximum file size is 20,000 KB for a basic Business Object however, this limitation can vary depending on a number of factors:
- The structural complexity of the Business Object (Number of Nodes, Elements, Associations).
- The number of Internal Communications defined as part of the Business Object.
- The number and complexity of ABSL Events that will trigger as a result (AfterModify, ValidationOnSave, BeforeSave).
Check the error messages in the View "Process Communication Errors" and correct your XML File accordingly.
Try uploading a smaller file size and see if the records are uploaded. Records will be visible up to 30 minutes after the Run status is updated to "Finished" for files of ~19,000 KB.
If you are still facing issues, please open an incident with SAP Support Services.
Refer to this blog for more information: How To Upload Mass Data via XML File Input
XML, Restriction, Limitation, PDI, SDK, Process, Processing, Parsing, Parse, Service Integration, Unprocessed Files, Finished, Schedule, Completed, Finish, Maximum, File Size, Entries , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-SI , ByDesign Studio Service Integration , How To