When you try to release a Customer Invoice, the system displays an error: There's no template code in the predefined output determination rule.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Open Customer Invoice ABC (ABC Represents the Customer Invoice ID).
- Click on the Release button.
You see the error: There's no template code in the predefined output determination rule.
This error is shown when the system cannot find a valid Output Determination Rule for Customer Invoice which fits the information maintained in this document.
To fix this, you need to create a rule that fits the information maintained in the Customer Invoice (Either Bill-To, Seller/Invoicing Unit or Business Document type).
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Form Template Selection view.
- Show Rules For: Customer Invoice.
- Click on the New button.
- Maintain the desired information.
As a general tip, the system checks the rules created from top to bottom, so you can maintain a generic rule at the bottom with just the desired Form Template Code and Business Document as Invoice in order to have a fallback rule and avoid this error.
Customer Invoice ; Predefined Output Determination ; Template ; Release ; Preview , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , How To