- When running dbcc checkstorage
- ASE errorlog reports a signal 11 at address pchk_fault
- The ASE error log shows messages including:
Current process (0x8b0046) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001d2ecb3 (pchk_fault+0x343) ...
curcmd = 317 ...
WARNING: 1 buffer was found in a predirty state during the termination of spid 1234 ...
and a stack trace with functions:
- After the stacktrace(s) are reported, the following is also seen:
Error: 9970, Severity: 20, State: 1
DBCC cannot update the finish time in dbcc_operation_log table for this operation(opid = '<opid>') of database '<database>'. This can be patched by executing sp_dbcc_patch_finishtime.
- DBCC checkdb and checkalloc does not return any errors
- A full example of errorlog entries is attached in file Full_Stack_KBA_2845515.txt
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP141
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL07
checkstorage, worker processes, 9970 , parallel , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.