A Replenish Task is confirmed and a Reason for Deviation for a List Item of said task is maintained. When you preview the PDF document of the task, you expect the system to show a value in the Dev.* column for the relevant Line Item, but the field is empty. Now you want to know why the field is empty and how to get it filled.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Internal Logistics work center.
- Go to the Task Control view.
- Open the Advanced filter.
- Select the Operation Type: Replenish.
- Click the Go button and select a relevant Task ID.
- Click the Preview button and select Preview.
- In the opened PDF document, you can see there is a column named: Dev.*.
- At the bottom of the table, you can see in the footnote that this column should contain the Deviation Codes.
- In the example provided, you have confirmed the Task with Deviation Reason as Missing part, but this is not reflected in the form generated.
The warehouse staff prints the Move Task form out, including pre-filled details like Open Quantity, Source Logistics Area, Material etc., and records the replenishment/removal. The warehouse staff records the actual quantity with deviation reasons (if any) in the printed paper, and then transfers the data filled in the printed form back into the system.
Hence, the Deviation Reason column Dev* is empty. It is expected to be manually maintained by the warehouse staff on the paper and then recorded in the system during the confirmation of the Task. The system is working as designed.
Dev.*, Move List, Preview, Form, Deviation, Reason, Missing, Part, Codes , KBA , AP-SLP-TSK , Site Logistics Task , How To