After migrating from Job Description Manager to Job Profile builder, competencies are not showing in the system.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile - Job Profile Builder (JPB)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile - Job Description Manager (JDM)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Job Profile Content;
- From the dropdown select "Competency";
- You can see that are some or all competencies that were configured in JDM are not showing in JPB after migration.
There are incorrect/invalid characters in the competencies' description field in Provisioning.
These incorrect characters will usually be some HTML Labels like <br>,<script>, etc.
Please note that this procedure should be handled by an implementation partner, as it is done in Provisioning.
If you are no longer working with one, please contact SAP Product Support.
- Go to Provisioning > Competency Libraries;
- Select the Library whose competency/competencies are not showing in the front end > then select the affected competency;
- Select the Edit Description button;
- You will see some unsupported characters like shown below;
- You will have to remove the unsupported characters and save the changes. (This should be done this for all affected competencies)
- After all competencies have been fixed, you should then run the migrate job again in Company Settings > JDM 2.0.
PLEASE NOTE: The migrate job should only be run once in the system so if you need to run it again you will need approval from the customer as it can cause issues in their system.
Below are the tags allowed for competency description field in JPB;
<xsd:element name="p" type="SECURE_P_TAG"/>
<xsd:element name="a" type="SECURE_A_TAG"/>
<xsd:element name="strong" type="SECURE_TAG"/>
<xsd:element name="em" type="SECURE_TAG"/>
<xsd:element name="u" type="SECURE_TAG"/>
<xsd:element name="ol" type="SECURE_TAG"/>
<xsd:element name="ul" type="SECURE_TAG"/>
<xsd:element name="li" type="SECURE_LI_TAG"/>
JPB, Competencies, migrate, JDM, HTML, tags, characters, incorrect, Provisioning, implementation, partner, not, showing, displaying, job, profile, builder, description, manager, job, back-end, manage, content, UI , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , LOD-SF-EP-JDM , Job Description Manager , Problem