The "Status" field in the Workflow for MDF object deletion (e.g. Cost Center) shows that it is being reverted back to "Active".
- CASE 1: Deleting MDF Object (CostCenter) while it's in "Active" Status"
- CASE 2: Deleting MDF Object (CostCenter) while it's in "Inactive" Status"
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Workflow
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Foundation Object
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Manage Data
- Delete a record for any MDF Object (e.g. CostCenter)
NOTE: Make sure you have a Workflow in place in "Workflow Routing" field of CostCenter Object in Configure Object Definition.
- Go to the triggered Workflow Object that the "Status" field shows a strikethrough for Active/InActive which lies beside another word "Active".
This is working as designed.
A Boolean field can not have null value. It can be either True or False (A or I). The UI renders Boolean fields using a component which default the value of this field as first option from all possible options available if value is not present, which is why it is always taking the "Active" status.
If it is a business requirement to make the "Status" field "Inactive" in the MDF Deletion Workflow, you may raise for an Enhancement Request by following the KBA 2090228 - How to submit enhancement request for SAP SuccessFactors products.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement request for SAP SuccessFactors products.
MDF Object deletion workflow, MDF-32149, workflow status, strikethrough in status, Workflow for MDF object delition, status, workflow, MDF object deletion, strikethrough , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem