- You have created a new SuccessFactors instance and are not able to perform a sync with this instance being a target instance;
- You are performing an Instance Sync in source instance and are facing the errors: The following artifacts are not enabled at the target instance and The target user does not have permission to sync the following artifacts
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Those errors are happening because the new instance does not have the same modules enabled as source had. An Instance Sync will be copying the configurations and data, however if module that you are trying to sync does not exist in target, the system will be not able to sync items/data/configuration.
For example, in this scenario where the target is new you will be able to sync RBP permission and groups, because the target by default already has RBP enabled. However you will be facing those error if you try syncing Employee Central data/objects/configuration, because the Employee Central does not enabled by default when a new instance is created.
There are two solutions for this scenario:
- Perform an Instance Refresh
- An Instance Refresh will be copying everything from source to target, in this case will be copying every single module, configuration, artifacts and data that exist in source to target. We already have an Instance Refresh Tool where you can refresh instances through the self-service tool - KBA 2791468 - Instance Refresh Tool
- If there is some user data that you would like to delete, we advise you in use the Data Retention Management feature- KBA 2088065 - Data Retention Management - Purge Data - Platform
- Sync only modules and features that already are enabled in target instance.
- You can follow the same process that you were doing before, however you should select only modules that already are enabled in target instance - KBA 2088055 - Instance Synchronization Feature Guide & need to know information - Platform.
2605062 - Unable to find the target instance in the 'Configuration Sync Wizard' dropdown in the source instance
2756313 - Unable to see RBP Roles and Groups options in Instance Synchronization WizardV
2431933 - MDF Object Definition is disabled in Instance Sync due to version mismatch
2663020 - List of MDF Objects Supported by Instance Synchronization Tool
2596770 - Pre-delivered MDF objects throws an error on Instance Sync Tool
Modules are not being sync, error, issue to perform an instance synchronization , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , How To