You created an extension field and added it to a specific data source and report. Now you realised that it can be added to any report based on this data source.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Reports.
- Show all the reports and search for the report ABC (ABC stands for the report that is using the same data source that the extension field was added to).
- Start the report and go to the View.
- Go to Add Fields (+ sign next to the Defer Refresh button) and search for the characteristic XYZ under Extension Fields (XYZ stands for the ext. field that was added to the data source).
- You will notice that you are able to add the characteristic XYZ to this report as well.
This is the expected system behaviour at the moment and works as designed.
As a workaround you can remove the Add Fields feature via the work center Business Analytics View Common Tasks for certain business roles and business users.
If you would like to change this standard behaviour this would be a request for a new feature. You can register this requirement on our SAP Continuous Influence Session. On this forum, other customers can vote for your requirement which will give us a better understanding on the priority of this functionality. Our product management delivers the features requested here according to priority and technical feasibility and effort.
This and further information can be found here.
extension fields, KUT fields, add fields, data source, reports, any report, any data source , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem