If data access control (DAC) is set up on a dimension with more than 1 hierarchy the DAC only takes the first hierarchy into consideration.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Dimension with at least 2 hierarchies
- Create a parent member "ParentA"
- Create 4 child members "ChildA", "ChildB", ChildC" and "ChildD"
- In the first hierarchy assign "ParentA" as the parent for "ChildA" and "ChildB"
- In the second hierarchy assign "ParentA" as the parent for "ChildC" and "ChildD"
- Grant Read only rights to members "ParentA", "ChildC", and "ChildD" to a Planning reporter user (non Admin)
- Based on the read rights granted above customer is expecting that these four child members will be visible for the Planning Reporter user
- Create a story and create a page filter for the dimension above
- On the "Edit filter" page change "Show Hierarchy" to "Flat presentation". You will only see members "ChildA" and "ChildB"
- This is a known limitation of the product
- The data access control can only be applied to the default hierarchy of a dimension which is typically the first hierarchy defined on the dimension.
- Any further hierarchies will not be taken into account for DAC.
- Vote on this improvement request.
Follow it to get updates on when it's implemented.
- 2423166 - Users are able to see and enter master data when data access control is enabled in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2929882 - Publish button is grayed out in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sac dac acces kba, Publishing data does not work for non-Admin roles , KBA , publishing data does not work for non-ad , does not work for non-admin roles , propagating the , the dac for 2nd hierarchy member , multiple dimensions not propogating the , hide parents dac sac kba , for end user with security restriction a , top level hierachy is displayed for end , security restriction at leaf level node , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem