"The model has private versions. This action is allowed only for models without private versions."
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.19 and earlier
This issue occurs because one or more users are in the process of adding data to the model, which creates a private version in a story.
At the moment there is no central administration of private versions so neither the model owner or an Admin user can determine if there are any private versions in existence or who has created them.
- Log onto your tenant and open the Developer Tools in your browser and switch to the network tab.
- Go to the File Browser and open the affected model. In the URL link you will see the model ID, either as a user-friendly name or simply as an ID depending on your configuration.
- Look in the network tab of the developer tools for any object that provides the tenant ID
Note that the tenantID can be either a number or letter.
- Now that you have the model ID and tenant ID replace the cloud host URL, model and tenant ID in the following template:
https://[Your cloud Host].sapanalytics.cloud/sap/fpa/services/rest/v1/internal/models/[Your Model Technical Name]/foreign-versions?tenant=[TenantID]
- In the page result, you will get the the private version and the user associated with this private version.
- You will need to notify this user to delete/revert/publish the private version.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem