When configuring a chart for linked analysis a page level or story level filter will be created in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC). When removing the page or story level filter the corresponding chart level filter is not removed.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.19.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Select a chart
- Under More Actions select Linked Analysis
- Select All widgets in the Story and apply the changes
- Create a filter on the same chart
- In the filter bar a new filter will be added for the story to match the filter for the chart
- Delete the filter from the story level and notice that the filter on the chart remains
This is the intended behaviour of this feature.
The resulting story filter isn't tied to the chart filter. More generally, Linked Analysis shares interactions (not filters), and only interactions performed in the "driver" (in this case, the chart). This is reflected in the configuration panel's wording: "Chart interactions apply to...".
- The resulting story filter doesn't go away if the chart is deleted.
- Changes to the resulting story filter (e.g. edit to add/remove values) don't change the chart filter. (They affect the chart itself - i.e. data shown - because story filters affect everything.)
- On the other hand, deleting the chart filter is an interaction in the driver, so it also deletes the corresponding story-level filter (if any).
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem