You create a customer (example Sweden) and add a landline number starting with "0" (e.g. 0123456).
You notice that the system deletes the "0" and adds the country prefix +46 (e.g. +46 123456).
Your expectation is, that to keep the "0" in the landline phone number.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work centre.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Click New.
- Enter the relevant data.
- Add a phone number starting with a "0", for example 0123456.
- The system automatically deletes the "0" but adds the country dialing code (example Sweden: +46)
The recommended way to maintain a phone (or mobile) number in the SAP system is to start with a leading ‘+’ followed by the country dialing code, e.g. ‘+49 (6227) 7-47474’. If that country dialing code is not provided, the SAP system will try to determine it from the associated postal address, i.e. when a phone number ’12 34 56 78’ is maintained for an address with country code ‘FR’ it will be changed to ‘+33 12 34 56 78’.
You can suppress the system adding the country pre-fix by selecting the Scoping question "Do you want to suppress the defaulting of the country dialing code for phone numbers without country dialing code?":
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go the Implementations Projects view.
- Select the relevant project and click 'Edit Project Scope'.
- Navigate to Step 4 - Questions.
- Expand: Built in Services and Support and select Addresses and Languages.
- On the last page, under section 'Phone Number Country Defaulting', check the box for question: "Do you want to suppress the defaulting of the country dialing code for phone numbers without country dialing code?"
- Click Next/ Save and Finish your scoping.
- Restart the system.
Now, when you enter any phone number, the system will not replace the 0 with the country prefix.
Leading zero, 0 , KBA , LOD-LE-MIG-CNT , LEAP Migration Content , LOD-LE-BP-BC , Business Partner Business Configuration , How To