When applying to a job posting, validation errors appeared that the instruction texts are required fields
SAP Successfactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
1. Enable Mobile Apply on Manage Recruiting Sites
2. Configure the instruction fields as required="true", see sample below:
<field-definition id="custAppStatement" type="instruction" required="true" custom="true" public="false" readOnly="false" anonymize="false" forward-intact="true" sensitive="false">
3. Apply to a job posting and it will not let you to apply due to validation that the instruction fields are required
Once Mobile apply has been enabled, validation will work on all of application fields (even instruction texts) regardless of field-types.
In order to resolve the issue, we need to change the required attribute from "true" to "false". This can be done via Manage Templates or Provisioning (SAP Partners):
1. Go to Admin tools > search for "Manage templates" > Fields defined > then make sure all of instruction fields are set to required="false". This link also provides the steps on changing field-attribute on Manage templates.
2. If there were errors via Manage templates due to configuration issue, please refer to an SAP Partner or raise a Software Change Request incident if the request doesn't require a big number of changes.
2258199 - SCR Form: Software Change Request for Requisitions and Recruiting Management - Recruiting Management
2644556 - Changing the Required attribute via Manage Templates Feature - Recruiting Management
required fields instruction text, required validation errors, instruction text is a required field , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , Problem