Operator field does not populate value set in On Change Recruiting Business Rules.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Configure Business Rules
2. Create a Basic type rule wherein Base Object is Job Requisition (All)
3. Set Operator field (e.g. Hiring Manager) to a specific user then save.
4. Go to Manage Rules in Recruiting
5. Select Job Requisition tab then choose the target Job Requisition template
6. In the Field Change Rules, select the field and the rule to trigger then save.
7. In the Job requisition, update the field trigger you set in Field Change Rules (e.g. Department), the operator field will still be blank.
On Change trigger to update operator field in the requisition is currently a system limitation.
There is already an existing enhancement request where the initial road map plan of our Engineering team is to enhance the onChange functionality in 2020. In the meantime, the workaround we can do is to associate the business rule in On Save Rules. You can monitor this document for any updates on the enhancement request.
2618607 - Manage Rules in Recruiting Management
Recruiting Business Rules Operator, Second Recruiter, Hiring Manager, onChange rule, Sourcer, VPofStaffing, Coordinator, on Change, RCM-61393 , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-RUL , Recruiting Rule Issues with MDF Platform , Problem