You are creating visits from a Route. You expect the system to create several visits between a date range and separate them according to the Recommended Frequency maintained in the account. However, you realize that the visits do not respect the Recommended Frequency.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customers work center.
Go to the Accounts view.
Open any account.
- Go to the Visits view.
- Maintain a Recommended Frequency for this account.
- Go to the Visits work centre.
Go to the Routes view.
Select an Organizer and an Owner.
Click "Save and Open".
Select an account.
Click the funnel icon.
Select a date range in the field “Visit Between”.
Select the tick box “Add Recurrence”.
Click “Add to Date”.
A pop up window will open. Do not select a date and click ok.
- Click "Add" again.
Select the same account.
Now you will see a column called “Recurrences in Time Period”=x (x represents a number of visits).
RESULT: You will see that the number of proposed visits is bigger than the one displayed in the “Recurrences in Time Period” column. Moreover, the period between visits does not respect the Recommended Frequency maintained in the account.
You were missing some steps:
1) When you selected the account and selected the Visit Between values in the "Add Visit Proposal popup" (step 12), you didn't click "Go". Hence the result was not filtered as per the filter parameter.
2) Moreover, the "Add to Date" is given as blank (step 17) and hence the proposed date is taken as Route Start Date. Either you select a value in this step or you click "Add" instead of "Add to Date".
3) The last visit from the selected account should be completed.
You should filter the result properly (clicking "Go" after step 12) and add the "Add to Date" (in step 17) or click "Add" instead of "Add to Date".
recommended frequency, visit, , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT-ROT , Activity Routing , LOD-CRM-ACT-VST , Visit Planning , How To