You have created an opportunity in the hierarchy facet of another opportunity and in web service message monitoring, you see that there are two outbound messages triggered for the same.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center
- Go to the Opportunity view
- Select 'Show all' and find ABC (where ABC is the name of the opportunity).
- Go to the Hierarchy facet.
- Select New.
- Fill in the mandatory details and select 'Save'. This creates a new opportunity XYZ (where XYZ is the name of the opportunity).
- Go to the Administrator workcenter.
- Go to the General settings view.
- Go to the section System Administration, find and open Web Service Message Monitoring.
Here you will see that there are two message from OpportunityBulkReplicationOut for the corresponding actions above.
OpportunityBulkReplicationOut is triggered whenever there is a change or update made to the opportunity
When you create a new opportunity via the hierarchy facet, a new child opportunity is created. No data is copied but both opportunities are linked via BTDREF (Business Transaction Document Reference).
This means that there is an update of 2 opportunities (parent + child).
In contrast to that, when you create a related Opportunity, the data is just copied from the source to the target opportunity. However source and target are not linked via BTDREF, so in this case only one message related to XYZ is sent.
Service Interface, OpportunityBulkReplicationOut, Opportunity, Related Opportunity, Hierarchy. , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To