You have created an inspection plan with Inspection Type as Receiving Inspection- Customer Return correctly. However, when post goods receipt gets created against an Inbound Delivery Notification, no Inspection Document is generated though inspection plan exists.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Inbound Logistics Work center.
- Go to Common Tasks view and choose New Customer Return Notification sub view.
- Enter all required details as Sales Order ID or Outbound Delivery ID as reference.
- Select the required row and navigate to next in the guided activity.
- Enter valid Delivery Notification ID and Check Consistency of the document.
- Navigate Next and choose Finish.
- Go to Inbound Delivery Notificataion view and find new IDN ID:ABC (Here for reference, ABC is an Inbound Delivery Notification ID).
- Select it and choose Post Goods Receipt.
- Propose Quantities and choose Save and close.
- Once it is done, system creates an Inbound Delivery ID.
- Now go to Inbound Deliveries view and find respective ID created against IDN: ABC (Here for reference, ABC is an Inbound Delivery Notification ID).\
- Select and edit it.
- Choose view all and navigate to Document Flow.
- Open in Extended view, here you find no Inspection Document is generated though Inbound Delivery is created.
In an Inspection Plan, the product category maintained is X and for the Material it is maintained as Y which is different. Inspection Plan must have the same product category as product if it is specified. (Here for reference, X and Y each is a product category)
Go to Quality Planning Work center.
- Go to Common Tasks view
- Choose New Inspection Plan sub view.
- Create a New Inspection Plan with type: Receiving Inspection- Customer Return.
- Here choose Product Category same as maintained in required Product Master Data.
- Enter all required details and perform save.
Receiving Inspection- Customer Return, Inspection Plan, Inspection Document missing, Product Category, Inbound Delivery Notification , KBA , AP-MIP-MI , Material Inspection , Problem