Share settings applied to an objects change after Exporting and Importing in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Share settings with Access "Full Control / View / Edit etc." become "Custom" after being exported and imported
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.15.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Navigate to Menu - Browse - Files - Share
- Observe the Share Settings applied to an object
- Navigate to Menu - Deployment - Export and Export an Object
- In another tenant, Navigate to Menu - Deployment - Import
- Import the object and navigate to Browse - Files - Share
- Observe the Share Settings applied to the object have changed
Update existing object option will update Share Setting for folder and storied selected while doing import in target system.
In SAC help doc Importing Content from a .tgz File :
Depending on your selection, if the import contains any files or objects with the same ID as a file or object in your system, the version on your system may be deleted and replaced by the imported content, or updated with new data. Its sharing settings may also change.
To avoide Folder Share Setting to be overwritten while doing import, uncheck the folder while doing import. Details in 2965480.
For Stories and other object, it's currently expected behavior if the Update existing object option is selected while importing.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem