- You get the error ''MIGRATION TERMINATED, CONTACT YOUR SERVICE ADVISER'' while trying to import Location and Logistics Area data into the system using the migration tool. You also receive error messages like:
- "UUID for logistics area ID LOA and site ID SIT not found" (where LOA represents the Logistics Area ID and SIT represents the Site ID).
- "Location LOC already exists" (where LOC represents the Location ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Click on Overview.
- Select Activities.
- Find and select the Activity 'Migration of Location and Logistics Area'.
- Click the Open button.
- Click on 'Migrate Location and Logistics Area using the migration tool'.
- Select the relevant XML file.
- Click Execute Migration, then select Execute Migration Step by Step.
- Click the Next button until step 3 Simulate Import.
- Here the system is logging several errors as stated under symptom above, and the migration is aborted.
The error is due to the source data. You are trying to migrate the Location along with Material Flow Rules and Logistics Areas.
During the Migration process, system first creates Location, then the Material Flow Rule for the created Location, and subsequently it creates the Logistics Areas under this Location.
In this case however, a Logistics Area is defined in the Material Flow Rules of the Location. The system therefore tries to access the said Logistics Area which is not yet created and this results in an error.
In the case of the Location LOC, two Material Flow rules DESTINATION_ABC (DESTINATION_ABC represents the ID of the Destination Rule) and SOURCE_XYZ (SOURCE_XYZ represents the ID of the Source Rule) are maintained. In the rule SOURCE_XYZ, the source is mentioned as Logistics Area LOA. However, this Logistics Area is yet to be created by the system. Hence, the errors occur and the Migration is aborted.
Do not define a Logistics Area in the Material Flow Rules of a Location as the system would try to access the Logistics Area. Since the Logistics Area is not yet created, the system will quit with the above errors.
Kindly maintain your template appropriately.
Migration, Location, Logistics Area, Template, Material, Flow, Rule , KBA , AP-LDM-MIG , Location Data Management Migration and Replication , Problem