How to create a report to fetch the vacation balance for users?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Online Report Designer / Report - Canvas: Advanced reporting
The EC standard Report titled 'Time Account Snapshot' includes this information.
However, this is includes a lot more details like department and leave applied, and hence might not be the best solution for a few users.
In this article, we will explain how the Time Account Snapshot can modified, to include vacation information only.
- Download the latest version of the Time Account Snapshot report and upload it to your instance and rename it as desired
NOTE: If you already have the Time Account Snapshot report in your instance, this upload will overwrite the existing report.
Hence, if you already have the Time Account Snapshot report in your instance, just make a copy of it and apply the proceeding steps to the Copied report
2679275 - Where to find the latest version of EC Standard Reports and corresponding documents
2525983 - How to upload EC Standard Report templates in the Report Center?
- Fix any validation errors with the report
2357821 - EC Standard Report Validation Errors Descriptions, Cause and Fix - tips and tricks
- Edit the report
- Switch to Design view, using the 'Show Design View' option
- The measures decide the fields for which data is primarily fetched in the report.
The Balance Hours and Days fields are the actual Vacation balance in this case.
You could retain one or more of these 4 fields, to make the report fetch just the vacation balance and exclude the earned and booked leaves:
- The Rows decide the fields by which the measures are grouped.
You could add or remove or reorder the fields in this section as desired.
- A simplified version of the Tome account Snapshot report, (based on recommendations in steps 5 and 6) that fetches only the vacation balances:
Such a report will only fetch the vacation balance per user, for the selected booking period (run time filter), including the time account type (vacation / leave type)
We have also attached the report definition file, for the example shown in step 7, to this KBA.
Attachment name - vacationBalance.xml
You could download it and import it into your instance.
Refer the 'Importing the Report definition file to the destination instance' section of this KBA to know how to import reports - 2673792
NOTE: This is a custom report and has been provided for your convenience. Issues (if any), specific to this report are out of scope of support.
Hence we highly recommend downloading the standard report and Time account snapshot report and customize it based on your requirement.
vacation, report, time, account, advanced, reporting, report, center, ORD, canvas, EC, leaves, balance, remaining, simple, only, user, breakdown, group , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To