You notice a process communication error in a business document such as for example a Sales Order. You would like to know the reason for the error and if you can restart the process once the error is corrected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
We will use the example of a process communication error from the Sending Document Customer Demand and the Receiving Document Sales Order with the error: Error while processing inbound third party communication and the BTM Task Subject: Solve Service Contract Violation for Sales Order in Process Warehouse Confirmation sent by Outbound Delivery.
For most process communication errors a Business Task (BTM Task) is created. This BTM task is then assigned to the responsible employee. In our example of a Sales Order the BTM task is assigned to the Employee Responsible.
Please note that these Tasks are assigned to the responsible employee (in our example the Employee Responsible of the Sales Order). Should this Employee Responsible not have the respective access rights for the work center Application and User Management and the Process Communication Error view, you can find these BTM tasks in the work center Application and User Management and the Business Task Management view under the Unassigned Items. You can then assign them to a User who has sufficient access rights.
Please note that only the user to which these BTM tasks are assigned to can see these tasks.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Process Communication Errors view.
- In the drop-down list select Open Errors with Tasks.
- Select the respective Task in our example with the subject: Solve Service Contract Violation for Sales Order in Process Warehouse Confirmation sent by Outbound Delivery.
- Click on the Task Details button.
- Click on the Details hyperlink under Related Document.
- You can see the respective error messages in the section Related Errors.
- In our example the error messages are as follows:
Saving not possible due to status of document
Mandatory List Price missing. List price must be maintained or a price must be entered manually.
Error while processing inbound third party communication
- You need to resolve the issues which caused the error.
- Once the issues are resolved you can restart the process by clicking on the Action button and select the option Restart Process.
The message will then be restarted and can be delivered. The BTM task with then also be completed.
In case the issue is not resolved please create a support incident with the details regarding the affected documents, the process communication error and the steps you took to resolve the issue. Details required to create an incident for the respective area can be found in the Knowledge Base Article 2443337 - Information Required to Answer Your Question
2443337 - Information Required to Answer Your Question
Restart; Process Communication Error. , KBA , AP-LM-AM-PCE , Process Communication Errors , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem