You are trying to upload time recordings for a service agent with Excel but get the error message "No authorization to record times for employee ABC on dd.mm.yyyy"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Partner Data.
- Select the view Service Agents.
- Find the relevant service agent.
- Click Actions and Record Times from Microsoft Excel.
- Fill in the relevant data to the Excel file and log in to the Business ByDesign add-in.
- Click Save data to.
Now the error message "No authorization to record times for employee ABC on dd.mm.yyyy"
One reason for the error message is that the user you are logged in with does not have the relevant write access.
- Go to the work center Application and User Management.
- Select Business Users.
- Search for the relevant user.
- Click Edit and Access Rights.
- Go to the tab Access Restrictions.
- Search for the Work Center View ID BPM_SERVICEAGENTS.
If the user has no access, they cannot upload times via the Excel add-in.
To upload time recordings via Excel the write access has to unrestricted.
time recording, Excel, Authorization, project time, service agent, Berechtigung, Erfassung der Zeiten, Mitarbeiter, , KBA , AP-TIM , Time and Labour Management , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To