- The line item which is supposed to be free-of-charge contains the full net price of the item.
- We use Item Category CBTA for a 'Deliv.Free of Charge' sales order, this item category requires a net price so we always get a message that the item is incomplete.
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Logistics Execution (LE)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud All versions
There are several factors behind the issues encountered:
- Item Category CBTA is configured with Incompleteness Procedure 20 which checks that the item contains a net price.
- Pricing condition D100 is assigned to routine 55 which checks the Pricing indicator in the item category and expects the field to be equal to 'B' - 'Pricing for free goods'. Otherwise, an error message is raised.
In the free-of-charge process, the item only becomes free-of-charge because of the 100% discount that is generated with condition D100. If this condition is not in your pricing procedure then it cannot have a zero value in the sales order or the invoice.
Using make-to-order item cat CBTA is not expected as a free-of-charge item. Use one of thE standard delivered item categories which allow for condition D100. Alternatively, maybe the following solution is suitable for meeting your business requirement:
- Create your own discount condition without the routine 55 and assign it to your pricing procedure.
- Assign an alternative 'Incompleteness Procedure' to the item category so that a zero net value is allowed - Incompleteness Procedures definition and assignment are both available as 'Configuration Steps'; 101189 and 101207.
VOV7, VOV8, OVA2, 101189, 101190, 101191, 101192, 101193, 101198, v/08, PRICING MANAGEMENT, CB3, CB4, CB9F, CB9P, CBQ3, CBQ4, CBQX, CBTN, CBXB, CBXN, CFN, CPN, DLNX, KMF, TADN, TANN, TAQF, TAXN, PRSOK, FEHGR, 101117, 101118 , KBA , SD-SLS , Sales , SD-BF-PR , Pricing , SD-BF-FG , Free Goods , Problem