Parameter 'enable ssl' = 1 in ASE configuration file.
- Some SSL connection couldn't complete login process:
- The client used SSL port to connect to ASE
- Related row from sp_who output or sysprocesses show 'Command: 0 MAINTENANCE TOKEN' for the specific server process having a spid (e.g. spid 123 which is stuck).
- "dbcc pss(0,'123')" shows status bit in PSS (Process Status Structure):: p2stat=0x40000 (P2_LOGIN_IN_PROGRESS)). This bit may be clear fast for normal connections after login process.
- Output from 'dbcc stacktrace(123)' may include routine login() or ssl_handshake() on the stack.
- One incident reported hanging client connections having 'pcpucur had been increasing in PSS and took much cpu time.
- Some hanging connections with status bit P2_LOGIN_IN_PROGRESS may have no pcpucur change in two samples of 'dbcc pss(0,spid)' output after a long time.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 (PL07, PL08, PL08 HF1).
SSL, handshake, 819937, CR819937, CR#819937, CCL, Crypto , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.