Your requirement is to create Labor Resources in system using migration tool. After migrating Labor Resources, the Resource Cost Rate is set to 0 automatically, while it is maintained as blank/ empty in migration file.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To migrate Labor Resources:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Labor Resources
- Select Migrate labor resources using the migration tool
- Select You Can Also at the top right corner of the screen and Download Migration Template
- Fill the required and the mandatory fields in the migration file
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records
- Migration is successful
To check the Cost Rate for the Resource:
- Go to Supply Chain Design Master Data workcenter
- Go to Resources view
- Show All Resources by Selection
- Search for the migrated Resource ID : XYZ (where XYZ represents the Labor Resource that was migrated)
- Select Edit
- Go to Valuation tab
- For the Cost Center Assignment, the entry for the Cost Rate is set to 0 automatically even if it was maintained as blank/ empty in migration file
In the Valuation Cost Rates sheet of the migration file, when Cost Rate is not maintained, that is, Cost Rate left blank/ empty, then system automatically derives the value 0 as 0 is valid entry for Resource Cost Rate.
This behaviour is in alignment to UI when manually creating the Labor Resource from the workcenter view, where in if the Cost Rate is blank, it automatically takes in as 0 without throwing any error. However, Cost Unit is a mandatory field.
Cost Rate, Cost Unit, Labor Resource, Cost Rate is zero, Cost Rate is empty, Cost Rate is blank, Supply Chain Design Master Data, Migration of Labor Resources , KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , Problem