- When trying to hire a candidate from Recruiting > Onboarding/Employee Central > Manage Pending Hire, an application error occurred:
An application error occurred. Please try again later, or notify support.
- Error appears when adding a candidate in MPH
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in as the Recruiter
- Access Manage Pending Hire via Admin Center
- Try to Hire a Candidate
- An application error will appear at the end of the wizard containing an Application Error:
Note: This error could also occur on the last approver step of the Hire workflow, if using workflows for Hire/Rehire.
- The required attribute in both the candidate profile template and the succession data model template does not match.
- A required field on the candidate profile is null.
- This error message is caused by a field on the candidate profile which is set as required = "true".
- Check that all fields on the candidate profile which are marked as mandatory contain a value, remember to check all background elements.
- If all required fields contain a value, validate the candidate profile template for warning messages.
- Navigate to Provisioning -> Candidate Profile Template -> Save.
- User may see a warning stating that the required attribute of a field does not match on the candidate profile template and the succession data model template:
Warning: Required attribute of mapped data field element "school" and "school" do not match.
- User must remove this validation warning by ensuring the field has the same required attribute in both the candidate profile template and the succession data model template:
Example: It must be defined as required = "false" or required = "true" in both templates.
- Remove all validation warnings and retest the issue.
- If you do not have access to provisioning, you can also validate the candidate profile template via Manage Templates tool in Admin Center and clicking publish.
- If you do not receive any validation errors, the fields are defined correctly in both templates.
SF, success factors, RCM, SDM, updateCandBackgroundWithSuccessionforcandidate , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , Problem