Insufficient balance error appears in ESS UI / workbench for certain combinations of hours and minutes, even though user has enough balance for the request.
- Flexible requesting is enabled.
- No take rules on time type to set any fields / deduction / counting method / raise messages
- No rules on employee time object / field level setting fields
Employee central, Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to time off ESS UI / workbench
- Request time type with available balance of >100 hours
- Enter start and end date of same day - Set "Requesting" field to 15:05
- Error: "You cannot request 15:05 hours because your balance is insufficient"
- Set requesting to 15:20 / 15:25 - same error
- However system accepts 15:15 / 15:25
This is a bug with flexible requesting feature and the rounding logic in the system.
Engineering has been scheduled a patch fix for the 14th September.
As a workaround - please split the absence into multiple absence requests. Some quantities are working OK.
You could also use an information message take rule to advise users if they see this error when they have the available balance, to split the absence accordingly.
TIM-10071, your balance is insufficient, not enough balance, incorrect balance calculated, Time Off ESS, PTCH-30975 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem