This KBA will show you how to hide or delete Global template of campaign in SAP Marketing Cloud.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Marketing Cloud Edition
Reproducing the Issue
Logon to SAP Marketing Cloud.
Try to remove a global campaign template.
You have following 3 options to hide, discard or delete the global template of campaign.
You can use button "Active" under manage global templates to decide which global template you want to activate or hide.
- Go to campaigns=> click "Manage Templates"=> select "Global templates".
- Use button "Active" to activate or hide your global templates.
Or you can discard the global template. The discarded template will not be displayed anymore.
- Please click Edit button on relevant template entry you want to discard or hide.
- In template designer, click done first and then click button "Discard".
Or you can use job to delete the global template of campaign.
- Please follow sap help link: "Campaigns: Flag Campaigns and Campaign Templates for Deletion" to flag the campaign templates for deletion first. Please note that only templates with discarded status can be flagged. Also, there are test mode and productive mode. You can run with the test mode first and check the log to see if the templates to be flagged is correct or not. If no problem, then you can run the job again in productive mode.
- After the above flagging job, you need to follow sap help link: "Campaigns: Delete Flagged Campaigns and Campaign Templates" to delete Flagged Campaign Templates. Please run the test mode first. If no problem is found, you can run the job again in productive mode.
- If you don't see button "Manage Templates", the reason could be that someone has removed this button via RTA(RunTimeAdaptation). In this case, please go to Campaigns view => click personalization button (user icon) on the top right corner=> click "Adapt UI"=> click "Reset" button. Also, please make sure the end user has catalog SAP_CEC_BC_MKT_CPG_TMP_PC assigned.
- Regarding campaign, if you want to delete flagged campaign, you also need to firstly follow "Campaigns: Prepare Flagged Campaigns for Deletion".
KBA , CEC-MKT-CPG , Campaign , CEC-MKT-CPG-UI , Campaign UI , Problem