- The object title or label shows "cust_" in People Profile, after creating the object and mapping the object to UI and People Profile
- The title or label doesn't change even if I changed the label in Configure Object Definition
- You want to change the title or label shown in People Profile
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to an employee's People Profile > scroll to the newly created custom MDF object affected
- Notice that the name of the object starts with "cust_"
You need to change the titles/labels in both Configure Object Definition and Manage Configuration UI.
The title/label in Manage Configuration UI controls the custom object's name in the People Profile
- Navigate to Manage Configuration UI > search for the portlet name
- Hover over the header. You will see the Title Hover toolbar
- Select "Edit Properties"
4. Change the object's name in the "Title Type User Defined" field, as seen below
5. Save the UI
2794752 - Q2 2019: Starting from b1905, custom MDF objects will be RBP secured by default.
2273344 - How to Configure Object Definition in MDF?
2285199 - How to create a Custom Foundation Object
2314757 - How to set up Configuration UI Rules
2208066 - [Custom MDF] How to configure a custom MDF portlet in the Employee Profile/ People Profile - SuccessFactors MDF
Title Type User Defined, UI, title, label, custom MDF object, people profile, configure object definition, manage configuration UI , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , Problem