In the element 'Quantities and Units of Measure' in Business Configuration work center, 8 decimal places are maintained for Unit of Measure. While creating a Bill of Material, you were able to enter a Quantity for the Input Products with more than 6 decimals for the said Unit of Measure. However, when you create a Proposal with this Unit of Measure, the system is showing the Quantity of that Unit of Measure with 3 decimals only.
Now you want to know why this is the case, and if there is a possibility to display the exact same Quantity in your Bill of Material as well as in the Production Proposal/Production Request.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Supply Planning work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Find and open the relevant Material.
- Navigate to the relevant Planning Area (Product Planning Details).
- Open any Production Request (or Production Proposal).
- Go to the Request Structure tab.
- Expand the Elements ID.
- Find the Quantity of the Input Product with up to 3 decimal places.
- The Quantity does not have the same amount of decimal places that are maintained in the Bill of Material.
Planning allows maximum of 3 decimals. In cases where there are more than 3 decimals, rounding is done.
The system is working as designed, and shows the same Quantity, but rounded.
Planning, Decimal, Production, Proposal, Product, Details , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , Problem