You have maintained Description in the Customer Invoice and the resulting Journal Entry does not have the same details in the Item Text field.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Click on New Manual Invoice under Common Tasks.
- Click on View All and fill in the required details.
- Enter a Description in the General tab.
- Post the Invoice and then check the associated Journal Entry.
- Journal Entry Line Items and their respective Item Text does not show the Description maintained in the Customer Invoice.
This is the designed system behavior.
For the header level debit G/L Account, the Item Text in the Journal Entry is taken from the Customer Invoice -> General tab -> Customer Information.
The notes you maintain in the Customer Invoice -> General tab -> Customer Information will be reflected in the debit line G/L account.
For all the credit lines G/L account created in the JE for the Customer Invoice, the Item Text is fetched from the Customer Invoice -> Items -> Internal Comment.
Any comment/note that you maintain for each and every line item in the invoice will be accordingly reflected in the corresponding line items for the Journa Entry.
Item Text, Description, Journal Entry. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem