- The Net Weight field appears closed for edit within the Manage Product Master Data app but is open for change within the Change Material (MM02) app.
- There is a difference between the tile Manage product master data and Display Material for the Net Weight. On the Tile Manage product the net weight is 0. On the Dislay material the net weight is not 0 but with a value
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental"
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Material Master
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the App "Manage Product Master Data"
- Input a Material and Press the 'Go' Button
- Open the Material
- Navigate to the section "Units of Measure" under the tab "General Information"
- Click on the unit maintained.
- The Additional units of measure tab is displayed under the section "Dimensions"
The field net weight can be edited only at product level (in case of base unit of measure) in the app Manage product master data
In case of alternative unit of measure, this field is not editable.
To handle this scenario, the field "net weight" is made read only inside Unit of measure details page.
The net weight for base unit of measure (means at product level) can be updated in home page under "see more" of "Base unit of measure".
Net weight is a calculated field with respect to UoM. There is no field in MARM for net wight which in turn results the corresponding CDS views for the UoM object page will not contain net weight. Hence it is just a read-only data shown there based on calculation. This behavior is same as Material Master Apps for all alternative unit of measures.
You can't enter net weight for alternative UoM even in Masterial Master OnPrem transactions
System Works as Designed.
KBA , LO-MD-MM , Material Master , LO-MD-FIO-MM , Fiori UI for Product Master , Problem