- What are the data anonymization options for Instance Refresh Tool?
- Is that possible to anonymize data in the instance refresh?
- Which module's related data can I anonymize during the refresh?
- Instance Refresh Tool & Data Anonymization capabilities;
** Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental **
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
You can now mask personally identifiable fields for the following modules/features when performing refreshes using Instance Refresh Tool:
- Recruiting Management;
- Employee Central;
- User Management.
- BETA: This Feature is only available using the Instance refresh Tool and is an Opt-in which is part of BETA Testing. We do not recommend to use the Feature if under strict timelines.
- Please refer to Instance Refresh Data Anonymization Fields for complete list of fields covered by this feature.
- Please notice that once the Data Anonymization is done, there is not way to undo the mask in mass.
Instance Refresh Tool enabled and with it's access properly granted to the user.
If you still don't have access to the tool, please kindly take a look at the video in place at the KBA 2791468 for further reference on this.
- How can participate in BETA for Data Anonymization for Instance Refresh?
Raise an incident under the component "LOD-SF-SER-REF" together with your approval to enable the Data Anonymization feature for Instance Refresh Tool on the Source AND Target instance. CPS team will enable this switch in Provisioning > Company Settings page.
- How do I use the Data Anonymization from the instance refresh tool?
Once the provisioning switch for the feature is enabled, you will see an option when scheduling the refresh via the tool called "Anonymize Rest of the Sensitive Fields" as shown in the screen shot below:
- What fields in Recruiting Modules, Employee Central and User Management are anonymized?
See full list of Generic Field Names which are masked as part of the Data Anonymization for Instance Refresh see Instance Refresh Data Anonymization Fields.
Note: Currently DA does not support User Management Photo Anonymization for tenants where Profile is upgraded to PP3 version, this field will be updated for anonymization after b2105 release. (CPS see internal memo)
- When can we expect more fields for data anonymization to be added?
Additional data anonymization fields will be added in a future road map - updates will be shared via Roadmap and SAP Help document Instance Refresh Data Anonymization Fields as details become available.
- Is it possible to select which fields will be anonymized?
Currently, all fields mentioned in the Instance Refresh Data Anonymization Fields will be anonymized during the Data Anonymization process. It means that is not possible to select which fields will be anonymized.
- Can Recruiting Fields be anonymized via the Manual Refresh Process (old process)?
Currently data anonymization is not supported via the manual refresh tool.
- Can Employee Central and User Management Fields be anonymized via the Manual Refresh Process (old process)?
Currently data anonymization is not support via the manual refresh tool, if you wish to mask user fields this must be performed manually by the customer or implementation partners.
KBA 2791468 - Instance Refresh Tool
Data Anonymization for Recruiting, Management, Data, Anonymization, Instance, Refresh, Masking, Data, anonymization, mask, personally, identifiable, fields , KBA , LOD-SF-SER-REF , Instance Refresh , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To