When you are trying to post Italy supplier invoice, you get the following error:"Release not possible; release document in sequence starting with XXX"(XXX refers to sequence number).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Supplier Invoicing work center
- Select view: Invoices and Credit Memos
- Search for particular Italy supplier invoice which is in "Ready for Posting" status
- Select Post
- Error encountered:"Release not possible; release document in sequence starting with XXX"
For Italy and French invoices, a sequential document number should get generated which is not happening in your case because you have not maintained the document number format for respective invoices.
When the user selects Save button for the Italy/French Supplier Invoice, a global document ID is generated.
This is not the Legal ID. The Legal Document ID will be generated only when the invoice is posted successfully. The legal ID is displayed on the General tab with the field name "Sequential Document Number".
This is a legal requirement for Italy and French .
Hence, to generate this sequential id, you need to maintain the "Document Numbering Formats Specific to France and Italy" .Please follow below steps to do so:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Overview and navigate to Fine tuning activity
- Select activity "Document Numbering formats for Supplier Invoicing" and maintain the necessary fields
- Select Save
2592862 - Supplier Invoice Document Number for Italian Companies
1758121 - How to Configure Supplier Invoice Number Range in Sequence
Italy Supplier invoice, Document Numbering Formats, Sequential Document Numbering , KBA , document numbering formats , sequential document numbering , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem