Get form data XML for a business document
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Navigate to the output items in the corresponding app.
- Select an output item with status In Preparation and switch to edit mode.
- Set channel to PRINT.
- Choose Output Details, set #&&DOWNLOAD_FORM_DATA_XML&&# as Print Queue Name, and save your changes.
In SAP Fiori:
In SAP GUI:
- Choose the PDF icon to trigger the preview.
The system will show the form data XML instead of a PDF.
- Save the XML via your browser (download button).
- Revert the data of the output item back to the original values for Channel and/or Print Queue Name.
A user who wants to get the form data XML needs authorization to access the corresponding business document. Accessing the form data XML is logged in the message log of the output item with the user name and time stamp.
- This works only for applications that have included the standard output control reuse screen in edit mode.
- This works only for output items in status In Preparation.
- The XML always returns the current data of the underlying business document.
- Does not work for duplicates.
- The XML does not include data from the master form template.
- An output with print queue #&&DOWNLOAD_FORM_DATA_XML&&# is not possible.
2678898 - How to get the form data XML for a billing document
2811887 - How to get the form data XML for a sales document
2837815 - Download XML Form Data - Outgoing Check
2942798 - Error when downloading the form data xml - SAP S/4HANA Cloud
2941522 - Output Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Guided Answer
SAP S/4HANA output control, SAP S/4HANA output management, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, form data XML, business document, S4_PC , KBA , CA-GTF-OC , SAP S/4HANA output management , How To