You have logged in to the system with Spanish logon language and created Payment Run along with Description. Now, you are re-logging to the system with English logon language and you see the Payment Run ID but not Payment Run Description.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the system with Spanish or any other language.
Go to the Receivables work center.
- Select the Payment Runs view.
- Click on New ---> Payment Run.
- Enter the details as per your requirements.
- Click on Save.
- Now, login to the system with English language.
- Follow the steps 2 & 3.
- Here, you see the description is missing for the payment run, which you have created with Spanish logon language.
There is no translation maintained for static texts. The Description will come only if it is maintained in that logon language.
For example: if a payment run is created with Spanish logon language and in run description
"RYDER CAPITAL MXN VIERNES 2 NOVIEMBRE 2018" is given, then in the backend - this description is mapped with Spanish language and will appear whenever the logon language is Spanish.
This is a standard system behavior and cannot be change in future.
- If customer asks the same text should appear without translation, then also it is not possible.
- The solution remains same for any run or view which holds "Description" field.
Payment Run Description not showing, Run Description missing or not appearing , KBA , payment run description not showing , run description missing or not appearing , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , Problem