Error message is thrown upon creation of a Journal Entry Voucher: Currencies in exchange rate are inconsistent
Scenario: company ABC has two sets of books, for example, set of books DEF for country UK and company currency GBP and set of books GHI for country US and company currency USD.
ABC means the Company ID.
DEF means the Set of Books ID.
GHI means the Set of Books ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select the Common Tasks view > New Journal Entry Voucher subview.
- Select the Company ABC and let the field Set of Books empty.
- Choose the Journal Entry Type: 00047 - Manual Posting - Journal Entry Voucher.
- Enter Screen Variant: 601 - Journal Entry Voucher.
- Select Closing Step: 010 - Operational postings.
- Enter Posting Date and Document Date.
- Enter an Exchange Rate.
- Click Simulate.
- Error message is thrown: Currencies in exchange rate are inconsistent.
Remark: you've left the Set of Books field empty because you expected the system to post the Journal Entry Voucher to all set of books.
As per current functionality this posting is not possible.
There are two possible solutions to make the posting:
- Maintain the exchange rate in the system and then enter the Currency Conversion Date when posting the Journal Entry Voucher.
- Create one Journal Entry Voucher for each Set of Books, separately.
This error occurs also for Recurrent Journal Entry Vouchers.
Journal Entry Voucher, Exchange Rate, Set of Books, Company Currency, Currency Conversion Date, inconsistent , KBA , journal entry voucher , exchange rate , set of books , company currency , inconsistent , currency conversion data , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To