- When we import users via Employee/Basic Import, are all fields imported, even if they are not altered?
- If we make no changes to the import file are all fields imported as part of the import job?
- The import time used to take far longer to complete - did something change?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Previously, when you updated user information using Employee Import or Basic User Import, all the fields in the import file, no matter whether they had been changed or not, were imported to the system.
- The import time did sometimes take a long time complete if the volume of users in the import file was large.
- Now, we have universally enabled the delta mode in Employee Import and Basic User Import.
- Only the new and changed fields will be imported.
- The delta mode helps reduce import time and improve import performance.
- As result of this enhancement, here is no difference in visibility from the frontend and there are no additional configuration in the backend required.
Important: There is no additional configuration required for Administrators/Partners/Customer Support to use this feature as it was universally enabled in all instances across all datacenters to enhancement the performance and user experience.
2086718 - How to use manual Employee Import? HCM Suite
2267907 - Employee Import/Export file: supported standard-elements fields
SAP Help Portal - Managing Basic User Data by Using a Data File
Employee Import, Basic, Delta, Changes, Alterations, Updates, Updated, PLA-9695 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , Product Enhancement