You migrated suppliers including payment method data. But when checking the suppliers in the UI, this information is not available. Therefore, you are trying to enhance the existing supplier records with payment terms, using the Migration of Suppliers tool in the Business Configuration workcenter. The following error occurs:
Insertion of data failed; data with key 00000000000000000000000000000000 already exists for node ROOT
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Configuration workcenter
Go to Overview
Find and select the activity: Migration of Suppliers
Select the relevant file with migration mode: Enhance Already Existing Records
Execute Migration Step By Step
At Simulation step the above mentioned error occurs
- In the import template, payment data (for example the column Payment Terms on General tab) is filled, although such information is already present in the system. The Enhance Existing Records mode still means a kind of creation. When new payment information is added, the system recognizes an update attempt.
- An account determination group for a company has been migrated, although not all payment details had been previously/successfully migrated.
A situation, where - after the migration of suppliers - payment data is not visible in the Supplier Base and Business Partner Data workcenter, is caused by a missing migration of account determination group payables. To migrate such financial master data for suppliers, use the activity: Migrate Account Determination Groups Payables using Migration Tools, which is embedded in the Migration of Suppliers activity.
The general approach to migrate suppliers with financial master data is the following:
- Migrate the suppliers with all data you can enter in the Migration of Suppliers template (including Payment Details per Company, Bank Data...)
- If this step has been completed successfully, migrate the account determination group payables for these suppliers and for all the companies required. As Creditor IDs, you need to provide the Supplier IDs that has been used within the initial migration of the suppliers.
Note: A payment method, that has been provided with the initial Migration of Suppliers file, will not appear in the UI, until the account determination group migration file is also uploaded.
In case e.g. an account determination group for a company was migrated, before all payment details were migrated for the associated supplier, use the following approach to solve the issue:
- For the associated supplier, delete the line for the company on the financial tab in the UI
- Migrate the payment details for supplier and company successfully (via enhance migration)
- Migrate the account determination group for the company
In the help documentation, search for:
- Configuration: Migration of Suppliers
- Configuration: Migration of Account Determination Groups Payables
Migration of Suppliers, Payment Data, Enhance Existing Records, Payment Terms, , KBA , how to , migrate , not available , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , SRD-MD-BP-SUP , Suppliers , Problem