- IE browser shows warning popup while redirecting to a Jam URL.
- User lands in the Jam home page, instead of the actual target page from the URL.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Internet Explorer
- Enter a URL which is supposed to redirect to a specific SAP Jam page.
- The browser will show a warning popup "The current web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?".
- On click of "Yes" (the popup may appear multiple times) the browser will redirect you to Jam, but to the home page instead of the specific Jam page.
This is caused by a Trusted Sites setting within Internet Explorer.
- The setting is "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone".
- It will be available under Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted Sites -> Custom Level...
- If this setting has been chosen as "Prompt", that is what is causing the warning popup during redirection.
Change the "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone" setting to Enable. That will stop the popup during redirection, and the browser will take the user to the correct Jam page.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the Gear in the upper-right corner of the screen or the “Tools” menu if you have the menu bar enabled, then select “Internet Options“.
- Select the “Security” Tab.
- Choose “Trusted Sites“.
- Select “Custom Level…”.
- Scroll down to where it says “Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone.”
- Check “Enable“ and click "Ok".
Trusted Sites warning, Internet Explorer warning , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-SSO , Single Sign On & Deeplink , Problem