When opening a Business Object (e.g Individual Customer, Accounts, etc) the Phone Number is not clickable. However, when checking in the Phone Number located within the Quick View, the field is clickable.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
This is valid for any Business Object that has a Phone Number that is not clickable; example steps can be seen below.
Go to the Customers work center.
- Select the view Accounts.
- Open Account ABC (ABC represents the Account Name).
- Check the Phone Number field, the field is not clickable.
At the moment there are just some few fields that are clickable.
More information can be seen under the section Set Up Outbound Call Handling (Click-to-Call) in the C4C Admin Guide.
Fields that are not clickable by standard can be enhanced via PDI custom code.
The steps to enhance it are:
- Using the Adobe LifeCycle Select the phone field you want to configure, check the LinkStyle is of type Phone and create an OnClick Event for it:
- In the EventHandler, read the relevant values from the datamodel and Fire the outport:
- In the Outport, use the port type: /BYD_COD/ServiceOnDemand/CTI/LiveActivity/LiveActivity.PTP.uicomponent, ClickToCall and pass the relevant parameters. Enter the Local Event = _RUIClickToCall, Broadcast = True, Window Broadcast = False
- Assign LiveActivty workcenter to business user. This should make the phone icon appear on top in the shell menu. No additional CTI setup needed for testing this feature.
- In 1802 the feature is hidden behind a SAAB switch: COD_LA_RUI_CLICK_TO_CALL - this needs to be activated.
- Unit Test:
- Click on the phone number from the application screen, the Live Activity Call popup should open.
- Check the Callee information in the popup - it should correspond to the BusinessPartnerID passed in the outport
Click on the popup, it should open the Live Activity Center
Check the Call Information on the right side for the parameters passed
Check the default search result list on the left side.
- It should have the business partner search result based on the BusinessPartnerID
- If the originating object is searchable in Live Activity, it should also be listed in the default search result
- Open the phone call activity. If isBTDRef is passed as 'X', then the object should be linked to the phone call activity
Ticket; Click to Call; Field; Telephone; Phone Number; , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To