Error message is displayed while entering a Tax Number for a Tax Authority from CA - Canada:
'Tax registration number not valid'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management work center.
- Go to the Tax Authorities view.
- Select the row of Tax Authority AAA (AAA means Tax Authority ID).
- Click Edit.
- Go to the Company Tax Arrangements tab > Tax Numbers sub-tab.
- Click Add Row.
- Enter Tax Number Type 2 - Account Number.
- Enter a Tax Number with 7 digits.
- Error message is thrown: 'Tax registration number not valid'.
The tax number being entered is a PST number, while the account number validation here is valid for federal level GST/HST account number.
For PST registration number, there is no validation required.
Most importantly, PST registration number is not required for billing. However it's needed to have a registration number per tax authority as the system requests it.
For 7 digits PST number, the Tax Number Type to be used should be 4 - Permit Number.
Canada; CA; PST; Tax number type; tax number; account number; permit number; tax authority , KBA , ca , canada , pst , tax number type , tax number , account number , permit number , tax authority , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To