Unable to release an intercompany sales order due the error message 'City in address of Bill-To party missing'.
Or error message 'City in address of Account and Bill-To party missing'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Sales Orders work center.
- Go to Sales Orders view.
- Edit the Sales Order XYZ. (XYZ represents the Sales Order ID)
System shows error 'City in address of Bill-To party missing'.
In purchasing system consider Bill-To as an org unit and in sales order it is treated as a business partner. Since the sales order is created from a purchase order, system selects the address details from the org unit maintained under the Org Structure.
Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to Org Structures view.
- Select the relevant Org Unit.
- Click on Edit and navigate to Addresses tab.
- Under Bill-To address section, you need to maintain the complete address.
- Select Activate & Activate Selected Structure.
- Select Save and Close.
Sales order created from purchase order; , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem