In S/4 Hana Cloud systems, an employee is terminated but the user associated to this employee is still valid. This behavior can happen, for example, when a terminated employee is replicated from SuccessFactors. You do not want it to happen as it could cause security risks.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
This behavior is not an issue. It was delivered after the request of several customers to keep the user active for terminated employees.
If you need to change this behavior, there are several options available to limit the user validity and change the date of field "Valid to":
- Setting the lock-indicator for the user via Fiori App "Maintain Business User".
- Deleting the user in Fiori App "Maintain Business Users".
- Changing the validity of the user manually.
- Remove all roles from the user via SAP IAG.
- Changing the value of this field via integration scenario SAP_COM_0093 from an external corporate IDP.
Choosing one of the above options will allow you to change the user validity so the user will not longer be active.
2772518 - Employees terminated in Employee Central are not visible in S/4HANA Cloud after employee master data replication.
inactive employee, terminated, s/4hana cloud, user validity , KBA , CA-HR-S4 , Cross-Application HCM Objects in S/4HANA , Problem