To understand the complete stock picture from Projected Material Flow.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to Outbound Logistics Work Center
- In Common tasks, Navigate to Projected Material Flow
- Maintain mandatory fields like Site Id & Product Id
- Select Go
If the product has multiple identified stock ids associated with it, we can see stock picture for all identified stock listed in the 2nd table.
In the projected material flow, we have below enlisted quantity as described roles:
1. Document quantity: Actual quantity in the inventory for the main inventory separating values (Identified stock is considered here) when the document type is 'Inventory'. In case when document type is either 'Production order' or 'Warehouse request', document quantity is the negative of allocated stock.
2. Allocated stock for document: Quantity allocated to a certain document. The document generally will be a production order or a warehouse request.
3. Projected stock: Values in Projected stock is the sum of "Document quantity" until that line (started counting from the top line).
4. Allocated stock: The stock allocated for the particular document. The allocation is irrespective of the identified stocks. it is just a soft allocation on the total available stock.
5. Available stock: The sum of actual inventory (Document quantity with Document type 'Inventory') until that line. Allocation has no effect on available quantity since these are soft allocations.
To read stock in projected material flow, Projected Material Flow , KBA , projected material flow , to read stock in projected material flow , AP-IP-INV , Inventory , How To