The Created On date displayed in the Journal Entry screen is different from the one displayed in the Journal report. For example: 29.06.2019 and 30.06.2019.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view.
- Find and open Journal Entry ID AAA (AAA means the Journal Entry ID).
- Notice that Created On is DD.MM.YYYY (for example: 29.06.2019).
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Open the Journal report (Report ID FINGLAU03_Q0001).
- Query for Journal Entry ID AAA.
- Notice that Created On is DD.MM.YYYY +1 (for example: 30.06.2019).
The time zone considered by the system in the Journal Entry view is the user time zone defined in My Settings > Regional Settings > Time Zone.
The time zone considered by the system in the Journal report is fetched from the Accounting Entry business object, which in turns, considers the system backend time zone (usually UTC).
That's the reason why there might be different Created On dates between Journal Entry screen and Journal report.
System behaves as per design.
JE; Journal Entry; Created On; Time Zone; Journal; UTC; Accounting Entry; , KBA , je , created on , journal entry , time zone , utc , accounting entry , journal , SRD-FIN-ANA-GL , General Ledger (Reporting) , How To