You have a product and a service item with the same ID. When you enter the item ID in a new sales order and select the service from the value help list, the system automatically picks the product instead.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders work center.
- From the Common Tasks, select New Sales Order.
- Scroll down to the Items table.
- Click Add Row.
- Type ABC in Product field (ABC represents the ID of the item which exists as product and service).
- The value help list opens up to show you the available items corresponding to this ID.
- Select the service from the list.
- The system automatically changes it to the product instead.
It occurs when there is a product and a service with the same ID. Since you did not enter the account in the sales order before adding the item, the Sales Organization and Distribution Channel fields are not available to determine the item type.
To avoid the issue, you need to fill the Account, Sales Organization and Distribution Channel fields in the sales order before adding any item.
account; sales org; distribution channel; produit; service; poste; commande , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem