When you enter 'Accounting Code of the Service' for a service, you get the below error:
XXXXXX is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value.
Where XXXXXX represents the Accounting Code of Service
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product and Service Portfolio workcenter
- Search and select a particular service
- Select Edit and View All
- Select the General tab
- In the field Accounting Code of the Service enter the value XXXXXX
- Select Save
We get the mentioned error.
For the particular Service, under the Taxes tab an entry for country ABC is made as a deviation from the standard rate. Due to this entry the system tries to fetch the values for Service type code for ABC in the field Accounting Code of the Service.
Where ABC represents a particular country.
Please remove the entry for ABC, and then you will be able to see the HSN values in the drop down while editing the service.
Going forward you would be scoping ABC along with another country, and you would need same service to be used in both these countries.
- In this scenario, you need to create a separate service for ABC, rather than using the same service for both the countries.
- This is due to a technical limitation between fields SAC Code and Service type code for ABC.
Accounting, Code, Service, HSN , KBA , hsn , accounting , code , service , AP-GLO , Globalization , Problem