When manually changing the email address of the logged in user sending an ad hoc email to a candidate, it isn't changing the 'From' information when in Message Center. With this, the original email of that field (the previous email address) receives the replies of the candidate.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- Message Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Click on Contact Candidate/Send Email (in Correspondence portlet)
- In 'From' field, manually change the email address
- Click on Preview, and see that the email is updated in the From field
- In Message Center, we see that the 'From' is the previous email address of the user, and not the email address we have inserted
- If the candidate replies, it will go to the logged in user's email address (previous email) and not the one we manually put. It will also come to the Message Center of the logged in user.
This is an expected behavior of the system. The system gets the latest email address using the User ID who triggered the email and uses the same for all further operations on the email thread. The behavior is different when not using Message Center because it's needed to map the Recruiter and Candidate conversation all the time whenever there is an email received by the system.
In case your scenario is to put an email address that is a shared inbox or a group email, a suggestion/solution would be to create a user in the instance where the email address of the user would be the email address you are manually inserting. Then, with this, you'd be receiving the email in the correct inbox and also will the correct email address be able to reply to that candidate through Message Center and vice versa.
If the above presented behavior (where you'd like to change the email address of the 'From' field) is a sporadic scenario and you would not agree with creating a new user just for this, please consider raising an Enhancement Request. If you think having this functionality, that previously existed when Message Center was not active, also working when Message Center is in use would be a good feature for SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management, please, submit this idea in our Influence page, where you can suggest new ideas and improvements to the SuccessFactors products. To request an enhancement, please, access the following link: Influence Page.
You can also check the following KBA for more information regarding on how to request an enhancement request:
message center, change email address, change sender, modify sender, change email address. , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem