Workflow is configured with approver role and set No approver behavior to "Skip this step". Now if there is no approver available for that employee, it says, "Workflow will be initiated", but records are not saved.
Configured a workflow with CC Role and no Step Approvers so that system will only send notification upon saving the record
Configured a workflow with Step Approvers but Approvers are not found and the system skips each steps and save the record
Both scenarios are working fine when changes are made via UI. But records are not getting saved via imports and the notifications are not sent. Import was successful but records not updated.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Employee Data Imports
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Workflows
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure a Workflow with no Approvers and only defined CC Roles.
- Import a File, for example, Termination Import where Workflow above is attached as onSave.
- Click on Import.
- Upon import, the Message appears: "Workflow will be initiated for this record. Workflow with id: X has been initiated. The request has been sent for approval to: "
Currently, imports do not trigger Workflow without an Approver. Please add an approver to make this work.
Currently, CC notification without the approver is not supported for Imports. Either you need to provide the approver or disable the workflow.
There is an Enhancement Request opened for this ECT-97716.
import Workflow will be initiated, records are not saved, no workflow triggered, SuccessFactors, Employee Central , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , Problem